Today is the perfect day to get in more "greens." Celebrate the luck of the Irish by adding fruit to a traditional St. Patty's Day favorite. Try this tasty--and healthy--cabbage side dish from our JSY nutritionists.
Cabbage Apple Slaw
- 4 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- ½ cup low fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, apple and bell pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, brown sugar and lemon juice.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to large bowl (cabbage mixture). Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Can be served immediately or covered and chilled before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Makes 6 servings.