Check-Out Hunger 2016
When: November 1, 2016
- December 31, 2016
Check-Out Hunger is Food Bank For New York City's largest annual supermarket and grocery store campaign where placards with coupons are placed at the cash registers. During the 26th Annual Check-Out Hunger Campaign, customers can help their fellow New Yorkers by donating a few dollars when checking out at participating stores throughout the five boroughs. 100% of donations go to Food Bank and every $1 donated helps provide 5 meals for New Yorkers in need!
#CheckOutHunger on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook!
How it Works
- Shop at a participating store. Stores to be named soon!
- Select a coupon on the placard — in denominations of $1, $3, $5 and $10 — located at the store’s check-out counter.
- Hand the coupon to the cashier and your coupon will be scanned. The donation amount will then be added to the total of your shopping experience. Each coupon has a UPC bar code on the back (just like every other item in your shopping cart).
- Your tax-deductible donation will appear on your receipt.
- Feel good knowing that your small donation makes a tremendous impact!
Participate in Check-Out Hunger
If a store is interested in participating in Check-Out Hunger this year, please fill out the online participation form here. If you have any questions, please contact Olivia Van Gundy. For a list of participating stores from previous years, please click here.