Blog Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn
Food Bank For New York City
Find Help
Food Program Locator
Summer Meals
Food Stamps
Tax Services

  Please leave this field empty

Agency Intranet Login

CookShop users, click here: CookShop Database

Adult Woman TOS banner

Free Income Tax Services

Locations Basic Information What You Need to Bring EITC Calculator

You Earned It. Food Bank Will Help You Claim It.

New Yorkers who earn $54,000 or less (with dependents) or $30,000 or less (without dependents) are eligible for Food Bank's Free Income Tax Services.

In 2015, Food Bank For New York City helped get hard-working New Yorkers more than $140 million they were owed in tax refunds and credits.  Free tax preparation is also offered to self-employed taxi drivers and childcare providers.

What You Need to Know

  • We have sites throughout the five boroughs. Click here to find sites near you.
  • Make sure you come prepared. Read our checklist of what you need to bring with you to receive tax preparation services.
  • One of the tax credits that our program can help you receive, the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) can be worth up to $8,427. Want to find out if you are eligible now? Use Intuit's EITC Calculator.

What You Need to Bring

  • A photo ID for you and your spouse (if filing a joint return)
  • If you are filing a joint return, both you and your spouse must be present
  • Social Security cards (originals or copies) or ITIN (originals or copies) for you and anyone you are claiming on your tax return, or a letter from the Social Security Administration (copies of past-year tax returns are not accepted as proof of SSN)
  • W-2s for all jobs you held in 2015 and all 1099 forms paid in cash or personal checks (you must know the total amount of money you made for the year and your deductible expenses)
  • Form 1098-T, if you paid tuition for post-high school education
  • If you are claiming childcare expenses, the amount you paid and childcare agency's ID, or the name and Social Security number of the childcare provider
  • A sample check or a bank statement with the routing and account number, if you have a savings or checking account for direct deposit
  • Any other tax-related information you received
  • If you purchased health insurance through the marketplace and were eligible for the premium tax credit, please bring form 1095-A
  • If you are a victim of identity theft, bring your IP-PIN (Individual Protection/Personal Identification Number) assigned by the IRS.

If you have any questions please call 311, or for more information please contact Ileana Hernandez, Operations Manager, EITC.

Click for more information about our Tax Assistance & Financial Services Program.

Back to Top