Nutrition Resource Manager Consultant
Bachelors in Nutrition or dietetics
Min 1-2 years of food safety experience
Min 1-2 years of program management experience
Food Safety certified- Serve Safe or equivalent preferred
Scope of Work:
- Provide leadership and nutrition expertise in evaluating and choosing foods for HPNAP purchased and donated support. Evaluate foods for compliance with HPNAP nutrition standards, safety, value, storage life, handling and use, and cultural relevance.
- Evaluate current warehouse inventory 1x/week for proper grant qualifications, nutrition attributes of food and Kosher markings of food.
- Update database with current Kosher markings and nutrition attributes of foods.
- Educate Food Bank staff and Emergency Food Programs (EFP’s) in the importance of providing healthy foods that support the current US Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Develop promotional materials to support these educational activities.
- Review all site visit monitoring data from MES visits as well as New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene inspections.
- Based on site visit data coordinate/conduct appropriate follow up to sites to ensure compliance with established food safety and food bank standards.
- Provide/Coordinate specific technical assistance for FB programs as necessary.
- Develop and update resources for nutrition quality and food safety to address program concerns as noted by site monitors and NRM. Continue to provide permanent materials that can be posted at the program as a regular reminder about nutrition and food safety.
- Work with Director of Member Services and Site Monitoring Staff to address specific food safety and nutrition concerns at member programs.
- Assess food safety and sanitation issues of programs using the site monitoring forms. Ensure information is shared with other funders (via FeedNYC database) to provide information about visits conducted and ensure a consistent message to the programs.
- Provide technical assistance to EFROs regarding food product concerns, such as food product dating, labeling, storage, food recalls, etc.
- Provide/update handouts on timely nutrition and food safety topics
- Update the online ordering page monthly with Tips from the Nutritionist and monthly food Safety and nutrition articles.
- Assist with the development of marketing strategies for products and services provided to member agencies/sites.
- Provide/coordinate/facilitate food/nutrition education for contractor staff. Provide technical assistance/training to site monitoring staff on evaluating HPNAP supported prepared meals (soup kitchens) and food packages for compliance with HPNAP nutrition standards. Training includes how to provide nutrition feedback regarding meals and packages that do not meet HPNAP standards, and when to refer to NRM for follow-up visit.
- Act as a consultant to contractor staff regarding food safety and sanitation practices performed by contractor and performed in EFROs by reviewing food safety monitoring reports and providing technical assistance. Monitor food safety and sanitation issues of EFROs noted during community program specialist visits.
- Manage the Food Safety and Sanitation Supply distribution program.
- Track inventory of Food Safety and Sanitation Supplies.
- Ensure that proper amounts of FS+S supplies are in stock.
- Bid to at least 3 bidders if replacements are necessary.
- Ensure that items have proper qualifiers (Safety, Soup Kitchen)
- Promote the availability of free FS+S supplies to the network.
- Coordinate and promote Client Choice programming at EFRO pantries.
- Advise MES team on Client Choice conversions.
- Manage bidding for and delivery of appropriate equipment to our m ember agencies within established budgets.
- Promote Client Choice to the network.
- Provide onsite technical assistance for selected agencies to assess and advise on storage and distribution practices in the transition to client choice.
Please email resume, cover letter and hourly rate to: